III International Conference
«Frontiers in Plankton Research»
with taxonomic training for young scientists
24–28 September 2018
The Hydrobiological Society affiliated with the Russian Academy of Sciences is the scientific organization with longstanding traditions and long-term experience of conducting and coordination of research in the field of hydrobiology, conservation and rational exploitation of biological resources in marine and freshwater ecosystems, improvement of environmental management techniques, and ecological training of young scientists (http://www.gboran.ru).
At the conference, the papers on taxonomy and identification of planktonic invertebrates and algae, species diversity, distribution patterns, adaptation strategies, trophic relations, role of invasive species and anthropogenic impact on planktonic populations and communities will be presented and discussed.
The scientific program of the conference includes plenary lectures (20 min.), oral presentations at the sections (15 min.) and posters on the following topics:
• Section 1: Taxonomy and identification of planktonic organisms
• Section 2: Biological diversity and trophic interactions in plankton
• Section 3: Planktonic invasive species and their role in aquatic ecosystems
• Section 4: Adaptation of planktonic organisms and communities to stressful environment
• Section 5: Taxonomic training
Call for Papers
Oral and poster contributions are invited. The official languages of the conference are Russian and English. All those who wish to participate in the conference are requested to submit a complete camera-ready extended abstract (in Russian or in English, details below) to the Organizing Committee Secretariat.
Guidelines for Abstract preparation and submission
The deadline for abstract submission is March 15, 2018.
15 February, 2018 – Submission of the Registration Form
15 March, 2018 – Abstract submission
5 April, 2018 – Decision about acceptance of presentations
30 May, 2018 – Early payment of the registration fee (higher fee after this date)
31 July, 2018 – Hotel reservation via the Organizing Committee
Conference Venue and Accommodation
• For registration, abstract submission, and hotel reservation please contact:
• For visa support please contact:
BOOKING AGENCY SIMONENKO
Russian tourist visa support and airport transfer
Leninskiy pr., 81
Tel./Fax: +7 (4012) 350780
Mobile phone: +7 9022 395112
• General questions about the conference and its scientific program should be addressed to:
Dr. Irena Telesh
Dr. Elena Naumenko
Fax: + 7 (4012) 919997