OTGA/INCOIS Training Course: Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services
18 - 22 June 2018
"Ocean Valley", Pragathi Nagar (BO), Nizampet (SO)
Hyderabad 500 090
This course will demonstrate the data resources available from operational program.
The focus will be on operational activities, how to download data and use software to
visualize. It will be a mix of practical and theoretical.
Aims and Objectives
• To provide an introduction to operational oceanography.
• Discovery and Use of Operational Ocean Data Products and Services.
• Hands on for Visualizing the model and in situ derived data products.
• Knowledge and understanding of operational oceanography.
• Tasks involved in Operation al Analysis and Forecast methods.
• Oceanographic Data sources, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, monitoring systems and methods.
• Tools for visualizing the operational ocean data products.
Target audiences include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ocean and coastal data managers.
• Researchers intending to use data products for scientific analysis.
• Research scholars at various universities.
NOTE: priority will be given to participants originating from the Indian Ocean Rim
countries. UNESCO is committed to promote gender equality. Therefore, applications
from women are strongly encouraged.
• Candidates should have knowledge of marine data and formats in which most of the oceanographic data sets are available;
• Candidates should be preferably working in institutions responsible for the management of oceanographic data;
• Good working knowledge of English;
• Participants should bring their own laptops.
All information available:
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to all successful students.